10.05.2010

{what's the story} morning glory? (muffins)



I woke up. I baked. I cleaned. In that order. And it's 10am! Who am I?!

These muffins are truly glorious in that they're full of good-for-you ingredients such as carrots, apples, pumpkin, oats, flaxseed, greek yogurt.... and on and on! Talk about the breakfast of champions-- muffins are truly the new health food. Since I finished the last bit of my zucchini muffins over the weekend, I knew I needed to make another batch of muffins for my upcoming week!

I used this recipe as a base but modified a lot on my own. I substituted brown sugar and maple syrup for white sugar; pumpkin for apple sauce; milk, greek yogurt, and cranberry juice instead of orange juice and canola oil. So feel free to have fun with it and add your own touch to the recipe. These muffins are definitely breakfast muffins. So if you want something a little sweeter, I think some dark chocolate chips would go really well!

In case you were curious, I did listen to the Oasis album while I made these.... duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :)