10.14.2010

{happy birthday to} a girl stylish inside & out! (day 26)

Today is my good friend Chelsey's birthday. We went out last night for delicious Cuban food & drinks to celebrate! She is truly one of my favorite people- not only because we both love good food & good clothes- but also because she is so genuinely kind. If you're reading this, Chels, I hope you have a wonderful time this year! Happy birthday!
wet seal jacket, j crew tee, cassette jeans, wet seal heels

Okay, you know how every single magazine has a "Day to Night" section, in which they use the exact same day-time outfit, but just add on heels, jewelry, make up, and call it the going out outfit? And you think to yourself, really, you guys sure put a lot of thought into that one. Well, that is exactly what I did today. I took a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, added heels, big earrings and make up, and called it good! I know I wore the leather jacket yesterday- but I don't know how I ever lived without it! It is an absolutely essential wardrobe item. In fact I plan on making it my go-to going out jacket!

This is the delicious arepas Chels and I shared. I've never had them before, but after reading this description: griddled cornmeal cakes with herbed goat cheese, avocado, molajete sauce, sauteed spinach & boniato- I was definitely sold! It was so yummy- we just might have to recreate that at home soon!

Me and the birthday girl! Excuse me for the one-eye look.... I have a bang-trim appointment tonight so no worries I will be able to see with two eyes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :)