10.11.2010

{the weekly} college cooking for one

Remember this pasta and this chili? In case you haven't noticed, I usually try to cook a huge meal with a ton of leftovers once a week. While it may be difficult to cook in college, home-cooked meals are absolutely essential if you want to eat delicious & healthy foods on a budget. I have a lot of friends that live on eating out and processed foods because they think cooking requires too much planning and tedious effort. It's really not so bad when you do the majority of your cooking every Sunday afternoon. I hope these posts will inspire you to do some cooking of your own!

Here are the general guidelines I follow when I'm cooking:

1) No cans, powders, or packaged foods. Fresh ingredients only.
2) A one-stopper for nutritional needs: veggies, proteins, & whole grains!
3) Easy to store leftovers
4) Easy to modify- if you don't like/have the veggies/meats I use, feel free to substitute!

This week I made whole wheat sauteed noodles with portobello, carrots, asparagus, shrimp & scallops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :)