10.13.2010

{rockin the look of} an edgy lady (day 25)

h&m dress, wet seal jacket, vintage belt, liz claiborne flats

A prim & proper sweater dress, single strand of pearls, black lacy headband, & a wide polka-dot belt. The facade of a perfectly lady-like outfit falters a bit at the presence of rolled-up sleeves & a black leather jacket. What is surprising though, is how the lady-like appearance actually dominates the edginess of the leather jacket, almost lending it the polish and the professionalism of a black blazer.

While I liked the look of this on me in the mirror and the photos, for some reason it just didn't feel right. All day long, I wanted nothing but to change into a drapey tee, black yoga pants, worn-in moccassins, topped off with a colorful pashmina. I'd like the coin the term "sophisticated lounger" for this look. It's quite charming, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :)