9.28.2010

{inspired by} tights girl from high school (day 12)


land's end canvas shirt, f21 skirt, frye boots
There used to be this girl in high school who wore tights obsessively. She had them in every color and pattern imaginable- bright fusia, candy cane stripes, big polka dots... if you can name it, she had it. Her nickname was "tights girl" (not in an endearing way), as tights were considered really weird back then. Oh we'd make jokes and laugh at her ridiculous tights during lunch, thinking we were so cool in our Silver jeans and Abercrombie shirts. Who knew that not-so-far in the future, I'd become quite the tights girl myself- though still not as brave as the original "tights girl" in patterns. (but wish I were)

Can't wait to make more additions to my tights collection this fall. I'm kind of loving the black polka dot ones I've been seeing on quite a few bloggers. A charcoal gray pair wouldn't hurt either. Perhaps another argyle one also... Lesson learned: whatever you think is weird right now will be cool & fashionable in the future. So feel free to embrace your very own inner "tights girl", because everyone else will be wearing it in 5 years. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile. :)