11.20.2010

this is my winter song to you

I am officially ready for winter, with Thanksgiving in a week and Christmas right around the corner. 

Okay that's not entirely true... but I am glad that it's finally weather-appropriate to take out my chunky-knits. There is nothing that says hot chocolate by the fireplace better than a great chunky-knit sweater. The funny thing is that none of my chunky-knits were store-bought, they were all thrifted. Maybe it is exactly the classic 90s scratchy wool and the boxy shapes found in thrift store sweaters that draw me to them. I got this cardigan for $5 last year for an "ugly sweater" party. Obviously I got made fun of for my lack of "ugliness" because this cardigan is really quite normal. This year though I swore to myself (and my friends) that I will actually wear an ugly holiday sweater- which means I should begin the hunt soon.

Thrifted sweater, urban outfitters red henley, f21 skirt, frye riding boots

1 comment:

Your comments make me smile. :)