11.04.2010

{inspired by} michael kors spring 2011


Remember those little boys sweatshirts? The gray ones with the crewneck that are always too small to fit your head into them? With puffy sleeves that stick out at your upper arms but are banded at your wrists? And the fabric- so starched and stiff! Well, this little boys wardrobe stable is what inspired today's outfit.


I found this sweatshirt at a cool hipster boutique named Brooklyn Industries when I was in Chicago a few weeks back. This version of the little boy's sweatshirt reminds me nothing of the original classic- a rounded scoop neck that not only easily slips over your head but also shows off your collarbones, incredibly soft and lined with a thin layer of fleece on the inside... so much more flattering. I've been looking for the perfect "little boys sweatshirt" forever, so I just had to get it! (Though I was at hesitant at the time- yes this was one of those "try on, take off, try on again, take off again, leave store, come back to store, try on, purchase, walk out of the store with it on" numbers)

Here's the Michael Kors inspiration.


Being comfortable is so important to me so these looks are right up my alley. I'd definitely recommond perusing Kors' entire SS 2011 collection if you haven't ready. He does the American classic looks so well- soft creams, heathered grays, caramel browns with pops of color- what's not to love?

2 comments:

Your comments make me smile. :)